My Zimbio

Saturday 3 April 2010

Make Extra Money at Home Using Twitter

I am sure by now that you have heard the stories about people making extra money at home using Twitter. You have probably been wondering are any of those stories true. I can't speak for everyone, however I can tell you from my personal experience that it is possible to make money using Twitter.

If you are a member of my list then you already know that I have never been a big fan of Twitter. To put it mildly I have said some pretty bad things regarding Twitter in the past. About six months ago my students started demanding to know how they could make money on Twitter. Personally at the time I didn't think it was possible but I owed it to my students to give them the facts. It took an enormous amount of trial and error and thousands of dollars before I finally figured out that I was wrong. I had discovered that Twitter was a great source of traffic especially since it was traffic that didn't cost anything. The traffic was comparable to digg, EzineArticles, and several other social networks that I use on a daily basis.

All though Twitter was sending me tons of traffic the traffic wasn't converting well. This was a problem that frustrated me to no end. For the life of me I couldn't figure it out. Finally it hit me like a ton of bricks... Once I started sending my Twitter traffic to a squeeze page and giving them something really cool, not only did my list begin to grow, so did my sales.

It took several stupid mistakes and a few Twitter accounts getting banned, before I realized that Twitter was just another traffic generating tool. Once I wrapped my brain around that idea I approached Twitter with a fresh outlook. I now realized that Twitter was just a tool that should be used in conjunction with all the other traffic generating tools that I had already been using. I launched several other niches using my new system and I am proud to say that it worked like clockwork each and every time. As you read this I am currently training a team of people to setup this process in several niche markets. Just imagine having a team of people setting up a cash machine for you around the clock. Now that's what I call super cool.

Before you go out to build your Twitter fortune I want to give you a piece of advice. Don't waste your time on promoting cheap products. It will take you the same amount of time to make ten dollars as it will to make a hundred dollars. Whatever you do DO NOT SEND THE USERS TO A SALES PAGE.

When I first started out playing around with Twitter I made the huge time wasting mistake of sending my traffic to my sales page. The good news is I did receive a ton of traffic to my sales page, the bad news is my conversion ration sucked big time. Just to give you an idea of what I am talking about... My site received approximately 40,000 visitors in total and I had only a single sale that totaled a whopping $1,000. It took a little over seven months for me to make that money which breaks down to a little over $140 a month in revenue. My time and money would be better spent drumming up new clients that pay $250 for an analysis report, or getting a new client that will pay me $2,500 to coach them and help them to get their site on track to generating profits.

I hope that you see the value in this article and will realize that Twitter can be used as a steady stream of revenue if used properly. I also hope that you realize that Twitter is just a tool that should be used in conjunction with several other tools.

Go now and watch the free 16 minute video that I created especially for readers of this article. You will learn how you can make extra money at home using twitter right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment